Growing age means that there's a number of normal aging related changes that are going on with senior dogs. Fortunately, ou can avoid virtually most conventional medication and being able been able to sort of naturally treat the bulk of the things that are happening with your dog. Below we are going to discuss some of the more common things and give you some specific tips. If your dog has a similar issues, you can refer to them.
1. Modify exercise, assist getting up
Let them move more slowlyYou know your dog is lived that number of years and they put lots of force on things such as their joints. Especially big dogs are very active, so their joints can wear out. They need to walk around slowly and they can't do the runs how they used to.
Keep them stays activeEvery time your dog moves, he is producing joint fluid will actually help his of creaky arthritic joints. We're also going to help maintain their body weight by doing that.
Affect their mental healthMakes a huge difference in terms of their overall mental health. The fact is that they're still active doing things that they enjoy doing.
2. DIET LESS Kibble More Home Diets, More RawSpecifically looking at your dog side and look at eliminating some stuff that are within that diet they're specifically affecting their health. The majority of our dogs are fed primary kibble which is primarily carbohydrate. As we all know, our dogs and the canines have descended from wolves where primarily they function on a primary an animal protein diet which had some carbohydrates. But primarily was meat protein and it was raw too. So it was in an undigested form. Also just that natural chewing on the big bone really helpful for minimized keeping the tartar off his teeth.
3. Skin Flax Oil
4. Intestinal Probiotics in YoghurtOn an organ system that we can see change as our pets get older is they're not digesting their food. It means that there may be more issues of vomiting and diarrhea issues related to weight loss and/or weight gain. Regards it's one of the most important things you can do that bend that your dog is increasing the number of good bacteria within their intestinal tract. So those are called probiotics and a real simple and easy thing to do in terms of getting more probiotics within your dog. Not just relating to vomiting and diarrhea, in terms of overall immune system, we know the bulk of your immunity is now found your intestinal tract. So improving your dogs and immune health helping with their skin and skin related disorders. We've also seen a link between anxiety or some of the nervous system
disorders and what's going on within the probiotic for the bacterial count within their intestinal tract. There's links to weight loss weight gain virtually most of the chronic diseases that were aware of.
5. Hearing, Modify Lifestyle
6. Eyesight AntioxidantsSeeing another real common aging change is having diminishing eyesight. His retina or his lens of the eye watch she take in inflammatory cells it'll become somewhat cloudy and it would call them in veterinary practice senile cataracts. One thought around helping dogs that have these changes is increasing the number of antioxidants within their diet. So one way is looking at things that are cetera in my supplement. Vitamin E, vitamin C and Selenium, these are supplementary antioxidants.
7. Cognitive Function Alpha-lipoic Acid
8. Glucosamine Chondroitin, MSM and Heating Therapy for ArthriticsIn terms of supplementing most of our elder dogs are going to have some degree of arthritis or degenerative joint disease. Normal joint wear and tear can also cause bone to rub against bone with secondary pain and inflammation. For the easiest thing to deal with that is supplementing the three biggest ingredients with glucosamine chondroitin MSM. Just mixed it in to a combination of whatever food he happens to be eating that day. At the same time, combined with heat therapy, the dog's joint pain will be greatly relieved.
All those different suggestions obviously depends on what is specifically affecting your dog now. Maybe if you take two or three of those for your elder dog, some of those are no question beneficial. When you are regularly supplement him for arthritis, he will be much happier and he's moving much better. When you add yogurt into his diet, he will be healthier in terms of overall. When you add flax oil into his diet, you will notice a difference with his coat. So you can try these methods to see if your dog's current condition has improved.
ALSO ON PETIETEC
Is your dog weekend warrior? Protect their joints with these 7 tips.
Chronic pain in senior dogs
7 changes in your senior dog and what can you do to help?
5 Summer Activities That Help Combat Your Dog’s Joint Pain
How to keep your senior dog cool in the summer heat?